BOARD OF LIBRARY TRUSTEES
Monika Wilkinson – Chair
Margaret Connolly – Vice Chair
Mary Ann Sliwa
Duties and Responsibilities of the Library Board of Trustees
The duties and responsibilities of the library trustees and the library director may appear to overlap. Trustee boards make general operating and administrative policies, and act as the agents of public trust governing the library. The library director supervises the internal management, daily operations, and procedures of the library.
For a more complete description of roles and responsibilities, please refer to the Massachusetts Public Library Trustee Handbook, a publication of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
Thursday, July 27, 2017, 6 PM at the Endicott Branch.
Call to Order
• Discussion and Vote: Minutes of June 15, 2017
• Discussion and Vote: Financial Report thru June 30, 2017
• Discussion and Vote: Usage of Trust Funds
• Discussion and Vote: Opening of the Endicott Branch on Tuesday morning, August 8, 2017
• Discussion and Vote: Possible Closing of Endicott Branch for Interior Painting (Date TBD)
Report from Strategic Plan Working Group
Report from Donor Working Group
Next Meeting: TBD
*This item is included to acknowledge that there may be matters not reasonably anticipated by the Chair that could be raised during the Public Comment period by other members of the Committee, by staff or others.
Hard copies of all finalized minutes are available at the Town Clerks office; electronic copies can be found on the Town of Dedham’s website.